Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all still trying to sort problems out on my car the brakes are new but sometimes when i rev the engine high not using brakes much ,ill go and use the brakes and wammo they hit the floor,ill go out 20 minutes later and they seem fine ready to go again......just dont know

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Check the rear brakes for adjustment, air leaks around the lines, fluid level, obstructions to the front caliper pins, or glazed pads :rambo:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I tend to agree with imcastock...master cylinder or even seals on the calipers.... dont mess with stuffed brakes chum... get sorted asap.

Grant

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
that would cause anything but the brakes to go to the floor lol. It would make the pedal impossibly hard with no vacumm assistance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To heck with that im getting rid of the lemon to many problems for a low km car,transmission at 50,000 km and now ecu(puter) at 63000 kms and of course brakes also,what would you do in my position fix or trade her in,hows your cars been ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by sweet-ride
[body]
To heck with that im getting rid of the lemon to many problems for a low km car,transmission at 50,000 km and now ecu(puter) at 63000 kms and of course brakes also,what would you do in my position fix or trade her in,hows your cars been ?
[/body]
Your right the cars parked,im driving ol faithfull my 1986 S10 lol

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Ahh the eternal pony drum problem... I've replaced masters, boosters, calipers, shoes, cylinders, bled all the sides repeatedly... all to try to fix this problem (mine is actually, you press once, it stops good, but release and press again and the brake pedal firms up very well)

The problem was the little springs in the brake drum not acting on the autoadjuster. Since not even Hyundai Canada has any left for the pony, i've adapted some random ones I found for other cars at UAC/NAPA.

But, mine happens all the time, not randomly like urs. Try checking the springs, one could be completely broken off and only sometimes when teh cylinder in the drum acts on the shoes in a certain fashion (certain angle really, as no springs to guide it's proper return) it could be causing excessive brake play.

I would take it in to a shop, I don't mess around with brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts