Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I thought I'd share my newest modification to my car. I recently added a new brake kit with 2 piece rotors, which are extremely lightweight and 2 piston XG Calipers (stock calipers are only 1 piston). I had already upgraded to the XG 11" rotors and calipers a couple years ago, but I decided to take my braking to another level since I've been doing a lot of mountain racing. The great thing about this kit is you can still use your goodridge SS lines, which I have. Brake responce is insane. In a couple weeks I'll have my 4 piston Wilwood calipers mounted for even more braking power.

The first pic compares the 10" stock rotor to the 11" XG rotor to the 2 piece Xtreme Rotor (12.6")

Here's a pic of my 11" setup - already an inch bigger than stock.

Here's my car with the XG calipers and 12.6" rotors.

Here are the rotors closer up. They are directional and dissapate heat very quickly

If there's enough interest, I may be able to start a group buy on these. Oh yeah, 17" rims are a must with this kit.

·
Registered
978 Posts
looking good.

I could not help but notice that your original rotors are 4 bolt, the 11 inchers are 4 bolt, but it looks like someone drilled out the new ones that were originally 4 bolt to be 5 bolt. Or did they come from the factory that way, which would be really weird.

Also, did you buy these used??

Anyway, looks awesome, aggresive, keep up the good work and post some pics when the new calipers get on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
XG rotors are 5 bolt ones.
But sonata 2003 have the same rotor but it is 4 bolt one. SO NO CUSTOM DRILING :D

AIRBORNE tell me, when you have 11' rotors were it fit in 15 inch factory wheels?
BTW great job!

[Edited by BOR on Feb 8, 2006 3:11 AM]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XG Calipers will NOT work with US spec RD2 wheels. I bought a set being told that they would fit, but they needed more offset. As a result I had to run on spacers for a week before my new 17" wheels arrived. I took a pic, back in the day. Keep in mind this was with the 11" rotor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you AIRBORNE (especialy for the photo). Please be kind to answer my questions.
15' has offset (ET) 46 right?
Do you think that ET 40 will do the job? Or maybe it is a matter of style of this alloys (they are fat (if you know what i mean :) ) - arms are fat, too fat.
Maybe wheels 15' from RD1 will work?
I am looking for factory wheels because of their high ET - 46, because I want to avoid the rubbing issue in my accent (X3).
There are xg 300 and xg350. Do they have the same kind of brakes (rotors, 2 piston calipers)?

Thanks in advance
Andrzej

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. I think your offset is correct
2. I'd say RD1 wheels are worth a shot. Try finding one in a junkyard
3. Not sure. I know one is for 11" rotors and the other is for 12" rotors

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Airborne.
I need information from you.

I have just bought a RD2 wheels (European specification) to my accent and those are ET 46. You were right.

My questions:
1. Is it means that XG calipers work with 11' and also with 12.6 rotors? What have you change to fit them with 12.6?

2. How wide spacers you have used?

greetings!

[Edited by BOR on Feb 25, 2006 4:57 AM]

·
Registered
95 Posts
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brakeporownanie8da.jpg

I think this picture is a BS. Even accent rotors are 9,4'

It' looks like that xg 300 rotors are also 11'
and a xg350 are 12,1'.

Question is that what kind of calipers you have used with your 11' rotors? Maybe those are from xg350? They could be different (bigger) or the same...

[Edited by BOR on Feb 25, 2006 5:25 AM]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts