·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys it looks like its time to do my breaks. I have a 2002L 1.5 accent
Questions i have:
1. Which break pads to get?
2. Which break shoes to get?
3. Where to get some good rotors? (was thinking about drilled or cross slotted)

Ideally it would be nice to buy everything from the same place if possible.
Links or names of sites would be awesome.
I know fasthyundai.com has some KVR's I think. But let me know what work best for out Accents.

·
Registered
463 Posts
just go to napa!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I wanted to go to Napa, I wouln't of asked the question. Im looking for quality in the items. You know like KVR pads! I mainly want to get a good pair of shoes. I can never find a good set.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i got some chinese rotors for 15 bucks a pop from

hey, i just need to stop my car. when my car is fast then i will invest in something better

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
minorglitch215 said:
i got some chinese rotors for 15 bucks a pop from

hey, i just need to stop my car. when my car is fast then i will invest in something better
Just remember you pay for what you get. Im going turbo and i do a lot of freeway driving. So umm i go a little fast. but anyhow. ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well...

Since yuo have 17's, and I dont think you want to be cleaning them allllllllllll the time, I'd stay away from the slotted/drilled/dimpled rotors and just get some decent Brembo blanks. They work awesome, great for a D/D and they're usually really clean when it comes to brake dust. I've had the drilled, played with just the slotted, drilled + slotted and slotted + dimpled and it's kinda hard to tell the difference on the street except that the drilled + slotted did stop noticably better but were noisy as **** sometimes, and had an incredible amount of dust due to the added wear on the pads. But, if you really want them, I'd go with the slotted and dimpled because the drilled tend to warp and drilled + slotted are prone to shattering under stress.

For pads, I'd personally get some nice EBC Green Stuff pads. They're great for daily driving running cold and even running warm/hot. Hawk HPS's are great pads too, but they're a bit more aggressive for track use. The Porterfield pads are great too. I had the Porterfield Rs-4's on my DSM for track days and my friends ran the Panther +'s. Just depends on what you use them for. I can't help you w/shoes tho... Sowwy

Howie~

·
Registered
463 Posts
there you go!
as long as it stops i guess you're good - if you are turboing it, i would upgrade the brakes - butttt in my case with my car that doesn't even like getting up to highway speeds, my napa brakes are superstars! lol

you should get nice new calipers, and paint them pink! lol Pink is the way to go! JK!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
drtygurl said:
there you go!
as long as it stops i guess you're good - if you are turboing it, i would upgrade the brakes - butttt in my case with my car that doesn't even like getting up to highway speeds, my napa brakes are superstars! lol

you should get nice new calipers, and paint them pink! lol Pink is the way to go! JK!
No way not pink. I drive 60 miles to work one way and @ 70mph, im just looking for quality and what work realy good. Might have to go to napa for the shoes.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Slotted or Drilled rotors are mainly for sure. Goto Tire Rack and get the brembo rotors (if you must, any auto part store rotors will be basically the same), and Hawk HPS or HP+. I liked them a lot on every car I've had them on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts