Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, I have searched the forums and kinda got.. well confused.. so here it goes..
I have a 2001 tib. Manual.. already have it set almost to par with being a full N/A.. without the bbtb and larger intake manifold and lighter flywheel. Now I wanna step up and get big power.. turbo.. Looked around and found alpine devolpments turbo kit and shark racing kit.. after some thought and looking into things.. I wanna go with SR kit (stage 3).. only thing is the E.C.U.
Now the forums have said SMT6 , kdmstuff.com.. and I think something else. I aint really sure about E.C.U.s' . I hate electrical things.. any suggestions who I should remap my ecu and or get a piggyback??.. Mind you this will be a full set up.. either go big or go home.. right?
When I mention full set up - I mean fully build internals (turbo pistions/rods, camshafts, valves/springs) and ClutchMasters stage 3 and flywheel set up.
Its either this or I am in the process of looking into getting a 91-93 MR2 turbo. found a few.. its only a matter of time.. I have already spent much time and money into this tib.. will be hard to get rid of.. so any suggestions with the E.C.U... will be awesome.. (sorry this is long) Thank you for you time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey you should come to rdtiburon.comalot of info for you
also with are ecu noone remaps them what alot of us run is smt6 duel rail setup with extra injectors that way the ecu has no clue and you can run what ever you want.go to rdtiburon.com and research before you do anything
we all been where you are and they know what they are talking about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts