Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey hey all. Its me ASPerilla aka Schwitzer turbo.

Im sure you guys have all seen my ride or atleast my Post's!

I have a Stock Scoupe GT motor with 240 000km on it,(werk that out in miles) it has never been Opend and can handle 1.7 bar's boost no Sweat!
At the Moment im making 200bhp and 300nm @ 1.2 bars boost. im currently running the car on pump 95 Octane gas @ 1.4 bars no Sweat!

Anyway im in the Process of rebuilding my motor. i have not started yet as the car still pulls HARD but has heavy oil consumption. up this point i have been chassing the original Scoupe HMC pistons but Hyundai do not have them anymore.I refuse to pay $500 dollars for Pistons as the Standerd HMC piston's are $150 and unbreakable. for $500 a can buy a 4azge(250bhp) or a 3sgte(300bhp) and they have full forged internals. In a Perfect world i would just like to by another GT engine off the shelf.

Okie so what am i gonna do? The Fourgreen Pistons are only avalible in STD size. i cant get wiseco's or JE's. At this Present moment in time im looking at Exa Pistons but then need about $100 machining to fit?

So what is the Differrence between the Accent and the Scoupe Gt motor's the Oil Pump/Oil Squirters on the GT and has a Turbo cam and the Scoupe Pistons thats it correct?

Ive looked at the Diagram of the oil squirters and it doesnt look like the "Squirt" anything they simply look like a By pass for the oil to get threw to underneath the Piston's, so why whould u need a GT Oil Pump? think that over guys, maybe im wrong?

Cams Can Always be Reprofiled to suit.(personally im looking for a Turbo cam with more lift than the GT cam)

And the Pistons i might have sorted cause the EXA's also have a 6.5m Dish like Scoupe GT's only thing is they have a Thinner ringlanding than the GT's.

So who has build a Accent 1500 turbo that makes good power and last's cos the Stock Scoupe GT motor is Proven now.....

This Link is as far as we have got for the accent/scoupe turbo motor/pistons
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/accent-excel-s-coupe/77852-accent-scoupe-turbo-piston-updated-page.html

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
almost forgot those scoupe motors have oil squirters for the pistons, something definitely lacking on the 1.6 motors i have. jealousy exists on this side of the world :D lovin your project man, keep up the excellent work!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just Stumbled apon my Old POST.

The Stock Scoupe motor(with oil Squirters :p)

Is good for 170kw 333nm thats 225bhp. she is on 250 000km and still going strong Megasquirt has done the trick.
(how ever January i probably will be rebuilding the engine)

Boost Safe Homiez.

·
Registered
119 Posts
01accentgs said:
nice work myfriend i would live to build power plant like that an dump her under the hood of my 01 gs
you dont have to make a powerplant, you already have a 1.5sohc
you can buy new pistons from scoupe turbo, than flywheel, clutch, manifold, everything from the scoupe turbo, and than buy a t25 or t28 what ever
find a fuel management, and it can hold 20-25 psi if you have a good clutch setup... from nothing to 250hp, i say you can do it under 6000$, complete setup
full exhaust, custom setup, tuning, everything, and not cheap parts,

·
Registered
119 Posts
01accentgs said:
yeah i actually have the dohc 1.6 wut could i do with that is it limmited on mods ?/////
oh... you have a 1.6 dohc in a 01 gs? weird.... thought these were all 1.5 sohc..... well... I don't know :confused:

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
01accentgs said:
yeah i actually have the dohc 1.6 wut could i do with that is it limmited on mods ?/////
Fancy a TURBO?

Since this is a 300bhp turbo post.

a N/A accent will never see 300bhp even if you drop a V6 in there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts