Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im watching the news a couple of nights ago and i see this woman disrupting a Laura Bush speech and wearing a t-shirt saying "Bush killed my son", and trying to scream that out.

It really set me off and I was so pissed after that.

Did Bush force your son to joing the military you stupid bitch, no. What did your son sign up for....the military.....right? What did he think that entailed?

Did Bush shoot a freakin ak-47 at him to kill him....no some freakin iraqi did...so again how did he kill your son?

This happened in my county about 2 months ago where one of the guys i went overseas with, his cousin was killed (yeah there were like 6 of them in the marines from the same family including some parents). And the mother blamed the recruiters. She tried to tell the school and force the high school to not let recruiters into the school.

What did these people think they were signing up for when they took the oath of service, did they think it was a joke?

Does this really piss anyone else off?

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I don't agree with war, but unless you're conscripted into the military, you're there because you chose to be. So while I certainly feel for the families who lose loved ones in military combat, you have to accept that they're there because they chose to be. It sucks, but the risk is part of the job.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Originally posted by stickshift
[body]
I don't agree with war, but unless you're conscripted into the military, you're there because you chose to be. So while I certainly feel for the families who lose loved ones in military combat, you have to accept that they're there because they chose to be. It sucks, but the risk is part of the job.
[/body]
I've tried to explain this to people with little success.
It is hard to comprehend for civilians who've never been in the military or have had a loved one in the military.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, no I do feel for the families and I lost a friend while i was over there; so i can relate to how these people feel. But something about an "all volunteer force" fails to reach some of the (particularily mothers) reasoning centers in these peoples heads.

Oh yeah one more (damn marines, why is it always them)

About a month ago, I believe it was in florida, a family's son was killed, (this one still gets me) so upon hearing the news from 4 recruiters that pulled up in a marked usmc van how does he react, he grabs a canister of propane and lighter and charges at the van, makes it inside with the marines and manages to get it lit. The marines escaped unhurt but i believe the man suffered 3rd degree burns all over his body and was in a coma (dont know if he lived) after those marines that he tried to kill, pulled him out of the fire.

I just dont get it. The human psyche is a very strange thing, but it seems like that is the type of logic i have to deal with every day.

[Edited by mat2818 on Sep 22, 2004 9:17 AM]

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
I have very mixed feelings on the war and although I do not like Bush, I do support our troops. That being said, no Bush did not kill her son. Maybe he made a wrong decision (maybe it was a right one) that resulted in her sons death but her son new that war and death was a possibility when he signed up.

As to the mother, people grieve differently and this woman has suffered a huge loss. She needs to have somebody to blame and the president is the easiest one to lash out on. She may not be right, but she has a right to do it.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I swear, life needs and owners manual.
Let me spell it out for you lady......electricans get shocked every now and then, bullfighters get a horn up their ass every so often.......servicemen fight for their country......unfortunately, sometimes they die.

Your son just paid the ultimate price lady, I recommend you honor him, not try and place blame on someone when he knew it could end this way.

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I have to agree with everyone so far in saying Bush did NOT kill her son. Yes, he made the decision to send troops over but that's a soldier's job. They know that when they sign up. That's why service men/women should be respected for the job they do. I can't stand people who blame everyone else when something happens.

I could understand if this was Vietnam and there was a draft, but there isn't. Every person who is enlisted in the military did so by making that decision on their own. No one forced them into the military. If it weren't for a condition with my heart (hole in it) I would have enlisted in a heart-beat (no pun intended). My Father/Grand Father/Uncle have all fought for this country (Korea/Nam/Iraq) so have strong feelings about soldiers and the military. None of them were drafted and they all served with honor. My uncle even has a Purple Heart from Nam.

I think this woman is just dealing with the loss of her son and taking it out on others. I understand it can be hard and feel bad for her loss. I don't know what I'd do in her situation and I might say things out of anger but not in public like that. I think once the dust settles she'll understand it was her son's decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts