Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..anyways. I have an automatic and will of course get a tranny cooler.. but should I also get a torque convertor while i'm at it? Thinking about getting one from edgeracing because level 10 just bends the current one. Or do you think w/ low boost as 6.. 7psi that I should'nt worry?

and no im not swapping out the tranny..

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Dec 31, 2005 1:18 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
something close to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRU-COOL-TRANSMISSION-OIL-COOLER-BY-LONG-OC-4451_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33727QQitemZ8024801918QQrdZ1

Do you have aim? Would like a little help w/ my turbo set up. I have a parts list and wanted to see what you think.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Dec 31, 2005 12:32 PM]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i'd be interested, because paying for another transmission is going to be a hassle and then installing the new trans and converting to stick .... let me know vamp as i have an auto as well, thank you

·
Registered
218 Posts
Also those who plan to get a turbo setup for their accents, should get a trans. flush and service before the turbo is applied to your vehicle

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
while we get the service done on the transmission, we might as well buy a phantom LSD, so we can put down power to both wheels, thats what i plan on doing

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
phantom grip isnt a LSD its a bandaid that will blow your tranny up(search its happened ALOT)

a properly prepped auto would have work done to the tranny itself not just the converter
think of a converter like a lightweight flywheel all it does it let you get to your power band a little quicker

try to find a place that can make the tranny itself stronger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts