Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you thought you've out grown the Accent, you find yourself looking back at it and want another one... Personal preference I suppose, or mabye it's just cause I had alot of fun with the car.

I'm kicking myself for selling my X3 but found a 01 hatch w/131 miles on the motor, guy wants 1900.00 for it, wondering if it's worth it? I've been trying to source a X3 that isn't all dinged and dented to hell like 99.9% of them are so I can throw on the sick division kit I have sittin in the basement still.. On the other hand, I've never had a 01 + model and wouldn't mind setting to work on one either.

Wife is behind me 100%, what ever makes me happy, however I think I'm going to 86 the 07 Subaru Wagon I just got, it's nice n'all but it's a PIG on gas, and I'm just not feeling it since I bought it. Time will tell, would be nice to not have a car payment anymore :)

Just lookin for opinions, I haven't even begun to search to see the parts/aftermarket availability for the 01's. I have a good parts basket from the X3 still, including the bigger throttle body, HID's, the rest would have to be purchased, like exhaust, springs, body kit etc.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
106 Posts
1900 is really good for an x3, go to kbb.com, they suggest less than that.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
with 131miles?! Id say talk himdown to 1k. Personaly anything with that many miles needs to be WAY lower.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes 1900 is a really good price for an 01 in my book. i live in york, pennsylvania and havent been able to find another LC (00,01,02) for under 3000 even with high milage. ever since ive totaled my 01 ive been wanting to get another LC but cant afford it. for some reason i cant seem to grow old/out of the accent either. id say go for it

·
Registered
573 Posts
I used to miss my Accent...then I bought a REAL car. These things are absolute beater ****, not matter what condition.

I now own a BMW if your curious what a REAL car is :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
well my beater **** has less problems then any car ive ever had i think in the year- and 13,000 miles of had it at 85,000 all ive changed is a stupid little rubber bushing on the rear control arm- = 5 cents that aint bad for a whole year of trouble free car.... plus the 32 mpg and air intake and exhuast really keeps me interested about taking that rubber grommet out the passenger side to hear the intake go whirrrshhhh...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was going to buy an '07 to replace my '01 LC, My wife however said and I quote "They look f*$%ing cheap and I'm not paying 14k for that piece of [email protected]*t..." and proceded to distract me with a 170hp 177flb torque 4dr VW Rabbit... :D and as much as I loved my LC I sold her for $600 to a friend to buy my bunny new wheels... :) to be honest.. I don't really miss her. She was a loyal reliable friend who I beat on for 7 years, and now that I've got a "Real" car I don't miss her at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts