Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a website that offers engines for Elantra 1997 that is built for performance. I figured if I ever need to get a new engine, I buy one that is rebuilt and geared for turbo. Currently my car is at 144,000 miles estimated. The engine however has 60,000 miles on it currently. However I am weighing out my options on the situation. I figured the engine needs to be reubuilt if I am going to use it for racing. That cost money, almost a quarter if not half of what a new engine would be. However a new engine, being rebuilt with performance parts be great after it has its break in. If I was to do so with buying a new engine, maybe even go with a 2.0 liter. I know alot of websites that do engine blocks for hondas and mustangs. Nothing for hyundai... anyone else know of any?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
They're not Hyundai specific but PAECO will build you a racing engine. I don't know what it costs.
PAECO Industries

I think RPW might do it too but you would have to ask them.
Racing Performance Works - Home Page

And NGM sells 2.7l Tib V6's built for rscing, but you can ask if they can do a 2.0l. Maybe they can.
Next Generation Motorsports - Hyundai Tiburon Performance Parts

Besides that you can go to your favorite local hot rod engine builder. They're usually happy to get to work on something unique in my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts