Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there

The names josh, and this is my first post on this site.

A bit about my place in the Hyundai world.......I had a 2003 tiburon, which got written off (thanks to getting rear ended by an f-350 going 60mph) and I then decided to replace with a slightly older 99 Tiburon, cause I always loved the way the 1st gens looked...

But now my tiburon is way to small of a car for me, I don't have any room for friends, or stuff, so I'm really wanting a used 2001 Santa Fe, cause I've seen quite a few higher milege ones, for dirt cheap, like $7500...

My question is, is approx 75,000 miles high for a 2.7 delta engine??.....

because im thinking, if there isnt many problem areas on those engines, aside from tuning limitations, I can buy a santa fe for cheap, and just do the maintinence on it...

So any help on this question would be much appreciated..

thanks a lot

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Not sure what you're asking?

For 7500$, get it and put the maintenance into it. Can't go wrong at that price, even if you put $1000 a year into it. Do a carfax though...

There's more aftermarket than you would think:
http://www.teamfalconracing.com/securestore/c163591.2.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool site, thanks for the link...

Yeah, i know my post was a tad rambly...

i was asking if 75.000 miles was high for the drivetrain on a 2.7 delta..

hell, there was even some santa fe's i saw with 110,000 miles on em.......so they must go for a while...

I do like the 2.7 motor, or the delta anyway, my moms kia magentis has it, and it is decently powerful, and very quiet...

·
Registered
3 Posts
They do if you do the right maintenance. Mine is ‘01 v6 2.7 and it has 240,000 miles on it. And I’m gonna put another 200,000 because it still runs that well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts