Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kid came in to the dealership yesturday with a yellow spec-v claiming 300whp.

He had
-intake
-header
-exhaust (I think just a muffler)
-Vennom 400

He even claimed he dynoed it.

I mean holy crap, it wasn't a bad looking car. Just too bad it was a moron driving it. :dead:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
whats the spec v stock 170? well, ill just go with that number.

intake header and muffler will add about 30 hp, because im sure the muffler is high flow. thats where all the power comes from. i dont know what vennom 400 is, so it added no hp. but the yellow paint added a good 150hp. so minus parasitic loss, youre lookin around 300whp.

:lol:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Hahaha...what a tard. Spec-V's are decent cars, but even with a balls-out turbo setup they don't push 300whp.

Also I've heard they're a bitch to drive. I beat like three of them at the track and had to ask the owners why. They should be running high 14's stock, but they were all hitting mid 15's. They said launching is a bitch and the shifting is picky as hell.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I've seen retarded Hyundai tuners too. One of the had an e-super (as in an electric hair dryer) and claimed he was pushing 200whp. As much I'd hate to admit it, I raced him from 60mph...was about a car length in front of him until 100mph, and then he blew by me with a ricer fly-by. Keep in mind, all I have is an intake, exhaust....oh and it's AT.

300whp Spec-V...that's nothing...I've seen dumber ricers. ;):

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
hehe at hyundai i had a guy say that he was running 11s in his accent.....
he popped the hood and all i saw was the normal I/H/E and nothing else he said it was all internal and he ran a 11.8 on a 1.6 Alpha N/A motor.....

i told him was that in a 1/8th

oh and this is in a automatic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts