Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

bypass valve

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jdmsupra 
#1 ·

right now i have fake turboSX blow off valve and willing to upgrade to bypass
because i have heard that bypass is the way to go with supercharger
i have figured out that 1.is for vacumme line 2.to mount it before throttle body my question is where should i connect 3 to? can i connect to intake part?

See less See more
#3 ·
number 3 is to recirculate your BOV into the compressor. If you want to vent to the atmosphere, then your Flowmeter would have to be put on the charge piping also.

#6 ·
A BOV only vents when you're off the gas. A bypass valve essentially vents until WOT. Juan was telling me about an Integra GSR who had installed a supercharger and then ran a greddy type s and it would act up under full boost of the charger. I guess he also told me you do not have to recirculate because we have MAP based systems and we do not use MAF which needs #3 plumbed in (you can vent to atmosphere), but I think you talked to him already and he said that (I showed him your post). BTW, my car is done....we need to tweak the tune. When are you coming down again?

#7 ·
hay it is nice to hear that your car is done.. ok i'm going to stay with BOV then i need to come pick up your rad i'm going to put that rad my self well i will try to if i can't then i will have to bring my car to Juan to get it done the weather here has been like F_cking S_it here so i don;t know when i will be able to come down...

#8 ·
weather has been bad here too. we haven't finished tuning the car but it works much better and looks very good. let me know if you come down. you get what you pay for when you go to PRT for sure. It may only be a rad but look at what the last guy did to my car trying to fit it in. I am sure you will do a better job without having to cut the car. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.