Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of CAI would give me a better performance for my 2000 Elantra GLS, Weapon -R Secret Weapon or AEM cold air intake.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by ombfg4
[body]
What brand of CAI would give me a better performance for my 2000 Elantra GLS, Weapon -R Secret Weapon or AEM cold air intake.
[/body]
CAI's are all relatively the same performace on elantra's, it's the other mods you do on top of the CAI that are gonna make a difference. All a CAI will do is make ur car sounds louder and maybe 1-2 HP if that...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ok, this is my opinion on air intakes. I had a "cold" air intake which is the POS bomz one off ebay I was getting 100-155F intake temps. Now I've noticed that all the other intakes are pretty much the same design in that the filter is located between the tranny, rad. hose and rad. That being said, its a heat trap, even the injen seems to be that way. Then again I could be totally wrong. So I took that intake off and put on a "warm air intake" which is just a cone filter sitting by the fuse box. I get 90-115F, unless I'm idle for a long time, once the car gets going it cools down dramatically. I also have a heatsheild that protects the filter from the heat that I got off ebay. The best idea is to get the filter out of the engine bay, which ever way possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts