Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Tibby, 4 cyl. I've been looking on ebay to try to find some cheaper upgrades, and I noticed something..

The cold air intakes for the GT model are like $50 shipped. The intake for the L4 is over $200. What gives? Does anyone know where I can get a CAI for cheaper? I'd even settle for a short ram intake. I just don't have that kinda money to blow right now.

Also.. do the performance chips really work as advertised? If I can really get 14 more mpg for $8.. trust me, I'll do it.

My apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Are you pretty handy with cars? There are a lot of cheap, if not free upgrades for every kind of car. If you don't really care, you can always hack apart your aircan, i.e. cutting the bottom of it off, so it can recieve a larger volume of air. Especailyl with intakes, the pipes are all generic and are usually all the same. The only things that differ are the filters themselves. Don't buy the foam cluster filters or the steel filters. They DO provide more horsepower and torque gains, but they also let in a LOT more dust and other corrosive material into your oil which can cause a lot more problems in the end. Howie~ P.S. Don't buy the chips... If you can make your car recieve 14 more mpg with only 8 dollars, then all vehicals would have them. Same with the cyclone or tornado or whatever else that you can buy. They don't work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts