Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I made up a cam comparison chart to help all of those who have been asking about cam specs.

Thanks to Croat for re-doing it for us.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
and just for clarification...are these all interchangeable with each other?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. The best combination for any of the three engines would be the XD intake cam and the Beta1 2.0L or 1.8L exhaust cam.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by NightShark003
[body]
so over all the XD cam is the best.?
and are u sayin the XD cam works best on the beta1 ?
is the beta1 the first gen ?
[/body]
Yes, XD cam work better on beta1
beta or beta1 = first gen

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Beta1 goes all the way to 2001 in the Tib and 2000 in the Elantra. The 2001 Elantra and 2003 Tib have the Beta2.

Reactions: 427troy

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Thanks for putting the chart up bro!:):):)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
yea, aaron, ive been meaning to ask you about the cat cams....how are they and do we need the additional springs or whatever it was to deal with the greater lift?

·
Registered
684 Posts
How about a Delta cam comparision? :D

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure about the aftermarket cams. For Cat Cams info, check www.jrponline.com . I think any aftermarket cam would be better than an XD cam just because the XD cam is mild. But, the aftermarket cams are alot more money.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Get a degreeing wheel and a micrometer, and you'll see some pretty subtle diferences.:lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good read guys, I have one question. Has anyone that has done this install, had a dyno run to show the gains off of this mod.:D

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have installed the XD cam in my brother's '96 Elantra 1.8L. I haven't dynoed it, but the "butt dyno" says I lost some low end power and gained some top end. I'm sure when I get the S-AFC tuned, it'll get back some of the low end power it lost. I just haven't had time to mess with it due to my 70 hrs./week work schedule.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Arron, send me that chart in a email and I can do it all nice and pretty in a spreadsheet @ work this week.

croat

·
Registered
101 Posts
[body]I have installed the XD cam in my brother's '96 Elantra 1.8L. I haven't dynoed it, but the "butt dyno" says I lost some low end power and gained some top end. I'm sure when I get the S-AFC tuned, it'll get back some of the low end power it lost. I just haven't had time to mess with it due to my 70 hrs./week work schedule. [/body]

Dude, when you get a chance, try to put up some results once you get things up and running. Thanx:nervous:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts