Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I broke my foot, so although I did install the S-AFC in his car, I haven't been able to climb under his dash to hook it up to the ECU. When I do, I'll post the results.

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes. Rob has to convert it from an Excel file to and image file so I can post it.

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The link doesn't work. Email it to me and I'll post it in the original post. What did you convert it to?

· Registered
763 Posts
Yeah, I can't get it to work either. If you want I have a program called Snagit and I can do a screen shot and then you can post it as an image.

· Registered
390 Posts
Na, I dont have anything on my computer at work to make it a jpeg or any decent picture file. I'll send it to my Mac @ home, save it as a pic, and post it up again cause I dont see it being put on anytime soon otherwise.

· Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by i8acobra
[body]
Ok, I made up a cam comparison chart to help all of those who have been asking about cam specs. It's a little messy cause I don't have a spreadsheet program and had to make it by hand. I'll re-do it as a spreadsheet later, but this should give you a basic idea of what to look for.

[/body]
where did you get this?:eek:

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I gathered all of the information from www.hmaservice.com/webtech.

· Registered
305 Posts
has anyone installed the xd cam in a beta 1 motor and if they have is there a notisable diffrence I can get one today and install it but i want to know if it worth it $175.00 CDN:ermm:

· Registered
2,647 Posts
Originally posted by DoubleJ
[body]
has anyone installed the xd cam in a beta 1 motor and if they have is there a notisable diffrence I can get one today and install it but i want to know if it worth it $175.00 CDN:ermm:
[/body]
I have. and yeah i think it's worth it, it's not that much cash, and the mid-high rpm power gain is noticable. sounds pretty cool too. *shrugs*

· Registered
1,675 Posts
maybe i have confused myself.

but would not the 1.8L have a duration of 234

and the XD cam have a duration of 230 ?

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Originally posted by Shadohh
[body]

[/body]
How'd you come up with those numbers?

1.8L= 6+180+46= 232
XD= 9+180+43= 232

· Registered
1,675 Posts
Originally posted by i8acobra
[body]
Originally posted by Shadohh
[body]

[/body]
How'd you come up with those numbers?

1.8L= 6+180+46= 232
XD= 9+180+43= 232
[/body]
i guess i suck at adding ;)

· Registered
176 Posts
If I used the intake cam from the 2.0 beta2 and keep the exhaust cam from my 2.0 beta1. Will that create any type of mismatch as far as the timing is concerned? or do I just have to advance/retard my timing to compensate for it.?

Also, are the SR/KSpec Hi-Performance cams worth the extra money as opposed to the ones from Hyundai??

[Edited by valusek on Jun 19, 2003 3:52 AM]

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The is only one 1.8L cam. Tell the dealer you want a '97 Elantra 1.8L intake cam.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts