Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
If you have a 1.8L, I wouldn't change the cams at all unless you're going to use an aftermarket cam (like CatCams).

· Registered
7 Posts
Can one get a hp increase just by installing an adjustable cam pulley on a 2.0 Beta XD? If so, what degree is required and what increment is expected? Otherwise, is it necessary to adjust both cams independently, get a new computer, get a SAFC, or what? Thks...

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
If you're staying normally aspirated, a cam gear isn't going to be much benefit. It can help with a turbo, though. With a turbo, adjusting both cams can be done to control where in the rev range the power will be. If you could adjust the cams independantly, a cam gear would help in an n.a. car. I believe a company in Korea is selling an adjustable cam gear for the intake cam that can be used with the adjustable exhaust cam wheel.

· Registered
25 Posts
??????????????????????????????????
I see the total cam height, but to know lift you must know the base circle. Does anyone actaully know the base circle so we can know how much total lift the stock cams(or aftermarket cams... like Hwarang cams) are? The Hwarang cams have a total lift of 8.2mm, does anyone know the total lift for the stock cams?

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I've got my stock cams in the garage. I'll try to measure them today.

· Registered
428 Posts
I'm sorry but i don't fully understand. What is better for my beta1 2.0L, a 1.8 intake cam or an XD intake cam. The duration is still the same, but the other two numbers are differant. Do you decide becaus of the duration or do you need to take the other two into account?

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Best cam for the 2.0L Beta 1:

N/A = XD cam is best with 19 degrees of overlap.
Turbo = 1.8L cam is best with only 16 degrees of overlap.

Reactions: 427troy

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
[body]
So for a NA 2.0L BETA1, the XD cam is the way to go. What about all the people saying the XD cam could damage the valvetrain over time? Any conclusions ever come of that?
[/body]
I was told the same thing.

Basicly, I don't want to get the 1.8 Cam if it's going to have to be taken out when I go turbo.

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Originally posted by REDZMAN
[body]
[body]
So for a NA 2.0L BETA1, the XD cam is the way to go. What about all the people saying the XD cam could damage the valvetrain over time? Any conclusions ever come of that?
[/body]

Basicly, I don't want to get the 1.8 Cam if it's going to have to be taken out when I go turbo.
[/body]
you mean the XD cam.. cause the 1.8 is better for turbo.. so it would just go with that from the start if you're goin turbo anyways

· Registered
428 Posts
Originally posted by NightShark003
[body]
Originally posted by REDZMAN
[body]
[body]
[/body]

[/body]
you mean the XD cam.. cause the 1.8 is better for turbo.. so it would just go with that from the start if you're goin turbo anyways
[/body]
So you would go with the 1.8L cam if going turbo and stay stock if N/A caus the XD may have reliability issues?

· Registered
428 Posts
I have asked RPW for info and they have said they can provide a cam with 10 degrees more duration and 10% more lift and will be good for the 2.0 with stock ECU. is this simmilare to the 1.8 or XD cam? and what do you guys think, should i get it?

· Registered
2,294 Posts
As im am aware RPW dont have a in house chassis dyno. That would make developing a cam that actually makes good power with a stock ecu very interesting. Id be asking for dyno graphs and testimonials before forking out $1200 or so on cams that might or might not work.

· Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Originally posted by shovel_it
[body]
I've enjoyed this form but Im confused. I have a 2001 Elantra. It has Beta2 xd cam..Are you saying I should remove the exhaust cam with one from a Beta1???:smoking:
[/body]
Yes.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts