Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I´m from Czech republic and nobody here have expierience with hyundai tuning. I want to applicate intake cam from 1.8 to 2.0 beta engine. Will I have to modify ECU or it will learn new cam after restart???

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Honestly If I were you being in Europe and have a map sensor. I would look for an F2 Evolution or type R tiburon ECU.

F2 Evolution tibbys had the 1.8 cam in them from the factory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Coal_forge said:
Honestly If I were you being in Europe and have a map sensor. I would look for an F2 Evolution or type R tiburon ECU.

F2 Evolution tibbys had the 1.8 cam in them from the factory.
What do you mean MAP sensor??? Where is it in the engine??

Sorry of my english I know it´s not very good.......

I want to do CAI, 1.8 intake cam, 60/65mm throttle body(what is better??), magnify compression, 4-1 header and chip stock ECU. CHIP is guaranteed to 160hp(stock is 139)on flywheel with no other performance, they have dyno charts as quarantee.

What do you think about this improvements??

My car is daily driver to work and shopping, etc.....so I can´t do extrem performance....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
it is in/on the intake manifold. It is the sensor that measures pressure for the engines computer. Here in the united states we have a MAF sensor instead of the MAP.

MAP= manifold air pressure
MAF= mass air flow

sorry I did not think about your language. :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have only two sensors on the intake manifold. I have a throttle body position sensor and air temperature sensor in stock airbox(now it is in hose behing air filter). It is only thin wire with two cables on the connector. I will take some photos if you don´t know what I mean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts