Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Cams

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  427troy 
#1 ·
This is kinda a long question. A friend who's trying to keep his car N/A has put in a set of cams with ported intake and BBT. To get it timed right he also put in adjustable cam gears and an apex atci2. Ok now the problem. He keeps trowing a code. misfire, multi misfire 1,3,5. I thought it might be blowing out the spark so we put in some Nology wires and he has an msd ignition coming( that was something he wanted to do anyway ). However it keeps throwing the same codes and shutting down the back bank. I think the ecu is freaking out or a sensor is intermittent and it's going into fail safe mode. I'm a little stumped here. We are in contact with the guy who made the cams. I'm trying not to take it to the shop where the cams were put in. He builds race cars and the shop rate is a little high. if you have any thoughts or questions send them on. I want to hear them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.