Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 http://www.2carpros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=231476#Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 145000 miles

I'm getting a p0302(cylinder 2 misfire) and a p0102 (p0102) on my car. When I drive down the road I get a jerking movement sometimes like water in the gas or perhaps bad plugs. The past year I replaced my timining belt, idle speed control actuator, mass air flow sensor, spark plugs and wires, air filter, fuel filter, and clutch. When I replaced the idle speed control I noticed the idle on my car got much better. However, I still noticed the jerk in the car sometimes when I was driving. I decided to clean the throttle body. It didnt improve it at all. Now, I'm getting the p0342(camshaft position sensor a circuit low input (bank 1 or single sensor) as well as the other two codes. I checked all my connections. I checked to see if any wires might have pulled out but I'm sure the connections are good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
P0342

You will have three wires on your cam sensor...A black a pink and a red.
you should get a ground from one of the wires on the outside and a battery voltage from the other outside wire. the center is your trigger wire to the PCM (if you read my thread i am looking to find if that wire should have voltage or not. My 2000 is popping the same P0342 code and I have 5volts on the wire. not sure if that is my problem or if that is correct) you should check these with the key on engine off. also you can run a continuity check of the sense wire to the PCM. The PCM is tucked up in the driver side dash. if you remove the harness from the PCM the center row of pins 12 pins in from the side with out the clamp buckle you should have continuity from that pin to the center pin of your sensor plug. Hope this helps if I need to clarify anything just let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I checked my camshaft when that first happened. Im no longer getting the p0342. Im just getting the p0102 and p0302. I've checked everything else, so now im down to perhaps a bad injector or clogged one. I ran some fuel injector cleaner through but it didnt help. Im going to remove the fuel rail and the injectors and check the o rings. Then i'll prolly switch the number 2 injector with one of the others to see if its a bad injector. I'm prolly going to take the throttle body off and clean it. I already cleaned it but I can only do so much with it still on the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it went away on its on. I only had the problem the same night after I cleaned the throttle body. So, the p0342 hasn't shown since. Thats been about 3 days now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts