Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my stock size is around a 13x5 +38/40. So would a 14x6 +45 fit? or would it just cause problems. I know I could fit a 15x7 +38/40 so I'm thinking it will work. Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
715 Posts
That's probably too much of an offset you'd end up rubbing the struts. You could get some 10mm wheel spacers that would fix you right up...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Allright just in case someone stumbles upon this thread I'll update it. After a little more research and this wheel offset calculator,

Wheel Offset Calculator

I found that the 14x6 +45 will stick in towards the car 18mm more (0.7 inches) and it will stick out from the car 8mm more (0.3 inches) more.

Compare that to 15x7 +40 that I have seen people running. These would stick out 25mm (1 inch) more on the inside and outside of the wheel.

That means that the 14x6 with the high offset should work just fine with no wheel spacer. I think I might get spacers anyways just so I can have the lower center of gravity and wider stance. But just letting people know if they wanted to they could.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to make these wheels work out also because they weigh in at 11lbs a piece. They're so light and cheap I can't pass them up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts