Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, 2001 Tiburon.

AEM Cold Air Intake..It needs to be secured down, it says to find the pre-drilled hole down low in the engine bay. I cant find it, the only one that I can find is up too high, my intake is about 3 inches lower than the hole, so I cant really get it secured.

Air / Fuel Ratio.. I got it, it asks for the o2 sensor wire, where is this located and which color is it? I know these are kind of stupid questions but I am new to modding, I deal mostly with lighting. Underglow and that sort of stuff.

Also, these wire taps. the ones that are plastic with the metal in the middle?? ya know? How do they work, do i just take a wire and crimp it onto that? Idk.

Thanks for your help.
Steve

·
Registered
978 Posts
do not do anything untill someone who knows more about 02 sensors get's on here.

I would think that installing anything on the o2 sensor wire would change the resistance thus change the readout to the computer, am I right on this?? But you have 2 or 3 sensors on your car, one on the exhaust manifolds, and one after the cat. (could be one on each manifold, you only need to really pull from one.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to pull it from the first O2 sensor since the properties of the exhaust would change after the cat?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
not bad meee2yo. you're thinking of soldering the reference wire, which is a big no no. the sensor uses it to read the ambient air, soldering it will give you a CEL. there is a really detailed post about this somewhere around here.

ah dug this up from earlier:
http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=56547

which references: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-32590.html

the post is copy/pasted at 56547 just in case the beyond.ca forums no longer exist or whatever..

man.. *checks for you*

yep it's still there too.

i've never seen anyone get a cel from tapping the o2 sensor signal wire, but good luck anyhow :)

edit: yeah .. wire taps, if you get an intermittent connection you know why. splice/solder (stay away from the sensor harness itself) !! woot!!

[Edited by rbuecker on Nov 23, 2005 4:35 PM]

[Edited by rbuecker on Nov 23, 2005 4:36 PM]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts