Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, this is something I've been wanting to organise for a while. Through my contacts at Haltech, I have been referred to a place in Granville called Autotech Engineering. They are quite literally at the end of James Ruse Drive, as can be seen here http://www.autotechengineering.com.au/contact.php
I am assured there is plenty of parking on the weekend!

Cost for the day will be approximatelly $50/car, this includes at least one run on their state of the art Dyno Dynamics dynometer, a BBQ lunch with drinks included, and access to their vast knowledge and experience in tuning cars. They've got plenty of experience in running dyno days, which should ensure it's a good day!

An idea of numbers is required before I go ahead and make a firm booking, I'm thinking sometime between mid-end of March. It will be on a Saturday. Either PM or email me (preferred) at [email protected] so I can make the booking at get back with a firm date within a week.

I'll be putting this out to a few other clubs also, I'm hoping a minimum of 20 cars should be easy!

Cheers,
Scott.

Update: The venue has been booked. The festivities will start at 9am, and I will be endeavouring to break up the cars into groups of FWD, RWD and AWD.
Please RSVP by March 17 to the above email. Please include your name, car make, model, rego, and drive layout (FWD, RWD, AWD) so I can make up the list and ensure smooth running of the day.

Cheers!

[Edited by sbadman on Feb 6, 2006 2:08 PM]

[Edited by sbadman on Mar 19, 2006 3:18 PM]

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm up for it too mate... That's near where I now live :)

Edit*: I just sent you an email but forgot to mention my screen-name, so the email from Tim is from me mate.

[Edited by OzFxCoupe on Feb 5, 2006 4:18 AM]

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First post updated!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think i might attend this Dyno meeting ;)

Might have something up my sleeve by then... ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Originally posted by QRIUS
[body]

[/body]
What...like rego....

hahaha..sorry George

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by QRIUS
[body]

[/body]
The more the merrier! You know where to send the details :)

Scrood - Surely you and Bretton can come up with some cars to bring along? :rambo:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Where is Granville? Sounds like fun. Sorta interested but its a long trip for me. Might be able to time it with one of my trips up to PSC. Couple of questions, will an o2 meter be hooked up to see how lean/rich it is and will a print out be provided for whatever runs. If there any good may be a good place to get a retune. My idle is a bit off.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Machine
[body]
Where is Granville? Sounds like fun. Sorta interested but its a long trip for me. Might be able to time it with one of my trips up to PSC. Couple of questions, will an o2 meter be hooked up to see how lean/rich it is and will a print out be provided for whatever runs. If there any good may be a good place to get a retune. My idle is a bit off.
[/body]
Granville is not far from Parramatta, accessible by the M4. The last dyno run I attended has an O2 meter hooked up, and I'm fairly certain printouts are provided. I'm sure the operator will be happy to discuss retuning your car!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by LC-003
[body]
How many will be attending so far?
[/body]
I've got 9 cars on the list, plus another couple of people interesting in coming along to watch/play photographer etc

I've got a limit of 40 cars, and I'm expecting it to be like an E-bay auction ie most people will put their hands up in the closing days!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just went down to check out the facilities, and there is no doubt they are well equipped to do this! Makes SAS look like a backyard garage by comparison. Plenty of high and ultra high performance cars chocking up the place, including an APS Phase III equipped Falcon Turbo putting out over 360kW at the wheels.

I'm excited!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sorry cant make it. Playing with things that go kaboom that weekend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
^ Mine's getting old too so maybe that means it's getting more powerful as well ;):

I thought you were selling or had sold your Coupe. It'd be good to have at least one other Coupe at this dyno day :D

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Yeah no longer mine.. but in possesion of my missus so i still service it drive it and take it out everynow and then :D My mate needed to get dropped off to pick up his car from the workshop after getting his power fc tuned and the dyno operator offered me a free dyno run why not :D [email protected] later im all happy and was worth the drive down..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts