Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few weeks, ive been unable to fill up my gas tank without a battle at the pumps. The pumps have a sensitive pressure cutoff, and I can only put gas in for about a few seconds. So it takes about 15 minutes to fill up my car, and some gas ends up spilling on my car which is annoying. I took out to check a one way valve on the filler neck, and its ok. What could be the problem, the solution, and anyone else who is experiencing this problem to help. Quick respones is appreciated thanks, rather not take it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Most likely your canister filter is plugged. There is a small air filter on the canister or fuel filler hose and if the air cannot escape fast enough it will create pressure and shut off the pump. It's a cheap filter and easy to replace.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a pic of the part? I called the dealer today, and talked to the parts department. They said its just a emissions canister, and didnt know what i was talking about with a filter. is it hard to change? also i say a part on the back of my car, its got a plug on it. do you know what that is? could that be a problem too? i need to be sure that part from the dealer with my hook up is like $140 and my dad will only borrow me the cash if its a for sure thing. thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts