Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at turbo elemnt's site but don't see any info or prices on the Hyundai manifold. I emailed him but got no reply. www.speed-factor.com doesn't work. Is he still at SF or turbo elephants? Anybody got a log manifold they want to sell? Anyone know what size turbo is best for an elephant?:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
actually its funny that you ask that becouse im currently developing a log manifold for the 1.6 im assuming that is what you are talking about becouse for the 2.0 there are plenty of manifolds out there but since I make them from scratch I can make a log manifold for the 2.0. actually I learned how to use a mill so I could make a head plate for any car and since the welding and drilling is easy then I guess you could say I could make a manifold for any car and any turbo. the one I am currently making is for a 1.6 and it mates up to a 14b/TD05h its for fintile, I sold him a turbo kit but I sold him a hacked up cast iron manifold so I wanted to make a kit for all the 1.6 guys becouse I want everyone to be fast and be able to afford it any ways long story short yes I make the log manifolds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
to get tim's manifold you have to contact him directly via PM. i think they run under 400 if i'm not mistaken. really good deal for proven manifolds.i would try to contact him on RDT or Crookedh though he is over there a lot more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to

I registered at RDT months ago but now it won't let me send PM's or post. That stupid "new user having trouble posting" thing doesn't work either. I'm locked out of that site and can't contact anyone about it.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
kellysguy said:
I registered at RDT months ago but now it won't let me send PM's or post. That stupid "new user having trouble posting" thing doesn't work either. I'm locked out of that site and can't contact anyone about it.
i think you have to make an introduction post in the introductions forum of the new users area before you can post anywhere else.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if you dont make a proper intro over there in the right amount of time, your account will be suspended.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
ASperilla said:
Any Pics of this Manifold?
HE told me that he was going for something more direct. a smaller manifold would prolly be whats best for smaller cc engines. The sooner your exhaust spools the turbo the better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
pics are coming soon I ordered the pipes and the head plate is done maybe this weekend ill put up some pics of the head plate. and yes a more direct manifold for faster spool up is prefferd even though you can get a tubular manifold that will enhance your low end and top end better than a log, but it has to be a good one with lots of r&d behind it and ive only seen them for about 7-800$ and ive never seen one for a 1.6 hyundai so log is the cheapest and best option.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already tried to post an introduction but it won't let me do that either. Like I said, it won't let me in anywhere.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
hyundaiturbo14b said:
pics are coming soon I ordered the pipes and the head plate is done maybe this weekend ill put up some pics of the head plate. and yes a more direct manifold for faster spool up is prefferd even though you can get a tubular manifold that will enhance your low end and top end better than a log, but it has to be a good one with lots of r&d behind it and ive only seen them for about 7-800$ and ive never seen one for a 1.6 hyundai so log is the cheapest and best option.
Dont think thats Possible, a Tubular is a Tubular Maybe a HYbrid will give you better Bottem end and still have the Flow you need for Top end.

Or you gonna Have to make a Log Style Manifold with high Flow(Esentially its not a Log anymore its actually a 4-2-1 please post pics so we can see what you talking about.

·
Registered
232 Posts
you know whats crazy I was going to start taking pictures of the manifold in the works and last wednesday before thankgiving someone stole my ford expedition this is my other daily driver /towing suv. and my camera was in it the police recovered my suv but they stole the camera damaged my tv but all in all the truck was okay I got lucky so any ways ill try and borrow a camera soon and take pictures for you guys.... sorry

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
tims log manifold in 8ga. stainless is i BELIEVE 350$ shipped for the beta motor. im not sure if he has a 1.6L template, but if he does, probably the same price.

if your interested, let me know, i can usually contact tim easily.

heres some pics of a manifold tim made and i coated and sent to a customer.

·
Registered
232 Posts
ya thats exactly the manifold I am making and I do have a 1.6 template as a matter a fact I could make one for any car and I can also flange it for any turbo. I just dont have pictures yet but soon...

·
Registered
232 Posts
okay I found this picture of the very first manifold I ever made I didnt coat it and the welds were kinda rough but now I have learned to make my own head plates and I clean up the welds and coat it I just ran into some personall stuff or else it would have been done already but trust me I think you guys will like it....

·
Registered
32 Posts
fastest turbo station wag

Dudes , this tim u are looking for ! is this the turb wagon that runs 11.5 1/4 mile ? If so , do u have a link for me ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts