Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently noticed that if i make a sharp left, i hear a grinding knocking sound from the passenger front wheel

at first i though it was my side mounts which were torn and shot, so i filled them with window weld, cure, re-install, but no luck,but engine idles smoother and doesn't oscillate when starting up

sharp right turns don't make the noise, I'm suspecting the axle but it's less than a year old, the boot is fine and not dry-rotted,

has anyone had this type of problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have the same problem only mines making a knocking (in a sort if ticking noise pattern) on the driver side when i make hard rights i figured it was my axel aswell i havent looked into it yet but would love to know before i get it looked at just to save myself some time.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Wheel bearings?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my Elantra, like a grinding poping sound from the passenger side when I made left turns, I eventually took it to the dealer as is was supposed to be under warranty and they told me it was the CV joint and both sides were bad. The boots looked fine to me, no cracks. Needless to say they argued with me that it wasn't covered under warranty because I didn't take the car to them for scheduled maintenance, even though I had all the records from the other place. I had to call Hyundai and kept nagging them until they finally decided to cover half of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts