Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is the 2nd post i've had like this in the last year on here because the car keeps breaking stuff...

I went to work one day and when I went to go to lunch, my car wouldn't start... here is everything that I know if anyone can help me, i'd be very appreciative.

Car is not getting spark from the coil packs (all four cylinders not sparking).
Fuel pump is turning on.
I've replaced: crankshaft position sensor, cam position sensor, ignition switch, and the computer. None of the above have had an effect.
I can not read codes off the vehicle as my car was made w/o a 15 pin on the OBDII... and unfourtantly when trying to read the codes, a friend crossed the 14 pin with the 4 pin (confusing the 14 pin as the 15 pin, since there is no 15 pin) and blue out a fuse(?) or something... those effects only seem to be on the inside of the car as the interior light and the bell that alerts you that the door is open no long work when the door is open (big loss), but i'm not sure how much other stuff was caused by this since, well, the car is not starting.

Can anyone please give me some help... I kinda need my car running and getting a new one is just out of the question as I just purchased a new house and don't need to spend the money. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Have you checked for continuity between the sensors harness and the other end of the harness?

Check to see if the timing belt is intact and timed correctly?

Not trying to insult your intelligence with these responses. Just can't think of anything else that would cause that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked for continuity between the sensors harness and the other end of the harness?

Check to see if the timing belt is intact and timed correctly?

Not trying to insult your intelligence with these responses. Just can't think of anything else that would cause that.

I haven't checked the timing belt as I dread the thought of it being broken... as far as continuity, I have done the basic checking when looking at the sensors. Everything checked out.

·
Registered
860 Posts
What about the coil pack? You said that there is no spark coming from the coil pack maybe its time you should look into replacing it!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
First of all, stop throwing parts at it, you're just wasting money.

Are you getting injector pulse? (Test using a logic probe or noid light while cranking the car)

Also, check to make sure the coil pack is getting voltage on the primary side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
start with the basics then go from there.... is there gas, is your filter clogged, and we obviously kno there is no spark. check the wires

·
Registered
354 Posts
if theres no spark at the coil its not going to be the wires/plugs...but you could try checking the ecu fuse in the fuse box under the hood...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts