Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I own a stock 99 Tibby 2.0 (200000kms) with a recent cold air intake, and fuel filter installed.

Just wondering if you guys have experianced this before;

Upon hard exceleration the car pulls pretty good, but looses a substancial amout of power @ 4700 to 5000 rpm and beyond. I havent replaced the plugs or wires yet, but will this solve the problem or could it be something else?

By the way, I ordered the JDM VISION Motorworks 10.2mm Racing spark plug wires and NGK G Power Platinum Spark Plugs off of ebay. I've heard that they may be too thick. I know, I know, I should of asked or done a search before ordering these but they were 58 bucks CND so who cares, right? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
That will help, but our cars will natually loose power after about 5500. I installed a SAFC and i have dyno sheets to prove that they WILL build power straight to redline, the ecu just richens the mixture and retards the timming so much it wont build power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats stupid, its kinda like reverse VTEC then, hahaha. So the only way to get rid of that SAFC, or can you get the ECU flashed?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Did it do this before you replace the filter?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
After watching over a dozen Beta engined cars run on the dyno this weekend I can tell you that your engine is behaving perfectly normal. The only Beta that pulled to redline was Wilbur's 1.8l with the SAFC.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
187sks said:
After watching over a dozen Beta engined cars run on the dyno this weekend I can tell you that your engine is behaving perfectly normal. The only Beta that pulled to redline was Wilbur's 1.8l with the SAFC.
AH HA! Told you so!!:p

Yeah, well when it resets (two weeks time) it still pulls hard. When i want to go stupid fast, i just pull the power connector in the fuse box. Wait 35 seconds, plug in, and hold on tight.

I will still probally say if its been over a year its time for plugs and maybe wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts