Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an '00 Tibby that for the last year has been acting up. Sometimes when decelerating quickly to a stop light then quickly accelerating again, it will just SHUT off. It shuts off during the transition from deceleration to acceleration hard. It also does this sometimes when turning on a sharp on-ramp occasionally.

This is strange...its almost like the computer isnt able to adjust quick enough under the conditions. Help! ;):

·
Registered
131 Posts
When turning onto a sharp onramp? Does it matter which direction the onramp is where it will turn off (e.g., does it only turn off on left turning onramps?)

Also, do this test: Find an empty parking lot with plenty of free space and do a left turning donut. While you are doing the donut, try to press the clutch. Did the clutch pedal "engagement" (where you first feel resistance) move?

If the clutch pedal engagement moves, you got a serious problem and need to replace the engine. If it doesn't, then I'd say you simply have a loose wire somewhere (either the camshaft position sensor or the crankshaft position sensor with a short/loose will cause the engine to turn off).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the exact same problem with my '98 Tib...
One of these i will try the donut thing...
I'll keep you guys posted...
I hope I don't need to replace the engine :dead:

·
Registered
9 Posts
When its very cold out 25F or less, Im driving to work in the morning....doing about 110kmh, its like someone hits the killswitch for 1 second. The car Jerks, comes back to life and continue on the way. It will do this at least once per trip.
The check engine light flashes for about 5 seconds, then shuts off and nothing until the next trip.

....quite annoying and a wake up if im still groggy while driving.

...Not impressed with this new found "feature" :sleepy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts