Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have compression have spark but i cant tell if im getting fuel. im a old school Chevy guy at heart but i theres isnt a day that goes buy when i dont enjoy beating up on 6 Cylinder camaros.

·
Registered
492 Posts
pull off your main fuel line at the rail get some one to turn the key and see if fuel sprays out, id advice to use a plastic bottle so you dont get gas all over you and self combusting

·
Registered
492 Posts
if you get no fuel check the fuel pump for power and ground if its good then its the pump, make sure its not a plugged fuel filter too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still Wont Start

I Changed the plugs wires fuel filter. and it has compression has spark but still wont start. does anyone have any idea. beacsue i need my car tommarow so i can go to work.

·
Registered
686 Posts
try hitting your fuel pump with a hammer, that works sometimes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is more than one sensor that contributes to the EEC function and While attempting to find the reason for my HP drop between 3800 and 4200, they ran a scan and found, I think it was, the cam sensor, right on top of the engine attached by one bolt that takes a 10 mm socket to pull.

OH, the mechanic said that it showed a few moments of "issues" and if it failed outright, it will allow the engine to continue to run, but shut it down and it will never start again until it is replaced.

It was cheap and easy to replace.

Now all I need is to replace the rear O2 sensor (the front was replaced with the exhaust manifold under warranty) and the ECT (engine coolant temp sensor) along with the AIT (air intake temp sensor) as those are the ones I would suspect for "cold weather/cold engine" running issues, and the axle boots as one let go around 100,000 miles, and those lousy stock brakes, and that weakling clutch as well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts