Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at this car today, it was an advertising car for a car wrapping company, the kind where they put the shrink wrap type covering over the whole car, and maybe the windows. Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I don't know the pricing for it, but it might be an interesting alternative to paint (it would have a matte or satin finish) or something new besides vinyls. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

This is who they were advertising for in case you still don't know what I mean
Vehicle Wrap, Banners, Large Format Printing | bluemedia

·
Registered
237 Posts
So I was looking at this car today, it was an advertising car for a car wrapping company, the kind where they put the shrink wrap type covering over the whole car, and maybe the windows. Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I don't know the pricing for it, but it might be an interesting alternative to paint (it would have a matte or satin finish) or something new besides vinyls. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

This is who they were advertising for in case you still don't know what I mean
Vehicle Wrap, Banners, Large Format Printing | bluemedia
LOL thread resurrection! This is actually what I do for a living. Although it's been more than a year since i did a wrap. It is a lot of fun and you can do whatever you want and I mean whatever!!!! When I get teh pictures from the PC at work I'll uploadem and share some of my work.

·
Registered
237 Posts
damn, i'll throw ad's on my car to pay my bills!!
If you live in or near a major city. You could get a job doing that. Mobile advertising is a big deal Here Especially around Penn State. My former boss who lives in texas now bought a truck and mounted 2 billboards in the bed and Drives around and parks it along the interstate at night. He makes like 5 grand a month just doing that! He's retired now and uses this money to finance his fishing trips and ****.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I also do vehicle wrapping for a job. Check out idwraps.com

I've done 2 of my friends bikes for side projects and they came out excellent. Althought most people can't get past the sticker shock of the wrap usually anywhere from 3000-5000$ for a cargo van, which is what we do most. A 3/4 wrap on a car is around 1500-1800$ i believe. I've also done school buses which are a huge pain...with a much bigger price tag.

But the material is amazing, it is a solvent printable vinyl on a big 54" roll it can be designed like anything you can create on the computer, printed, laminated and applied, once you add heat to the material it streches like elastic! corners and compond curves are no problem. The material itself last for about 5 years on a vehicle and leaves no residue or adhesive behind when removed!

also, sorry to get so technical...haha

·
Registered
237 Posts
I also do vehicle wrapping for a job. Check out idwraps.com

I've done 2 of my friends bikes for side projects and they came out excellent. Althought most people can't get past the sticker shock of the wrap usually anywhere from 3000-5000$ for a cargo van, which is what we do most. A 3/4 wrap on a car is around 1500-1800$ i believe. I've also done school buses which are a huge pain...with a much bigger price tag.

But the material is amazing, it is a solvent printable vinyl on a big 54" roll it can be designed like anything you can create on the computer, printed, laminated and applied, once you add heat to the material it streches like elastic! corners and compond curves are no problem. The material itself last for about 5 years on a vehicle and leaves no residue or adhesive behind when removed!

also, sorry to get so technical...haha
Awesome!!! I love to see other peoples work. Wraps are awesome as hell! I have been going back and forth with the idea of wrapping the accent when It's ready for the road. BUT IDK??? I'm too picky. I painted the elantra like 7 times before I found I was content with a matte finish grey primer and flat black accent peices. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts