Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i recently got a tattoo and was just wondering wat i should do to care for it while it heals. Ty for ne advice.
Cheers. Anand :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
All my navy buddies , put anti-bacterial ointment all over it. for like a week or 2 weeks straight

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
i do A&D ointment for 3-4 days. make sure its a VERY light coat. just enough to keep it from drying out. too much and it will absorb ink. after that lubriderm lotion until its completely healed, aka no peeling, and the tattoo doesnt have a shine to it anymore. its good to continue use of the lotion even after its fully healed. make sure the lotion doesnt have perfumes and crap in it.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
When I got mine, I was told to use Bacatracin, keep it covered for about 2 weeks. You don't want to let it dry out. You'll get a lot of skin coming off as it heals... when you take a shower, just pat it dry.

·
Registered
483 Posts
what i did was wash with non-scented soap(i.e ivory), then used vitamin e ointment, a very thin coat on it. your tattoo artist should have went through this with you after the tattoo was done...:ermm:...oh and also don't worry when it scabs your tattoo will seem like its peeling and it is but its just the excess ink your body is pushing out. JUST DO NOT PICK AT IT DAMMIT. CONGRADS and lets see some pics of your tatt man!

"Truth/Justice"

[Edited by danhimself on Dec 9, 2005 10:30 AM]

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a "care of new tattoo" care and it said to apply "bepanthen" twice daily until healed. And i bought a small jar of it from them. Im pretty sure its unscented. Cos i can smell something but it aint like flowers or watever. Ive put it on twice a day so far and there is minor peeling only, so i assume its ok. Also, the tattoo is 8 days old now i think its near being healed (card says 9-14 days) and its looking good. So yea when i get a photo taking device i shall get some photos for ya.
Cheers, Anand. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts