Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows exactly where i could connect the hoses from? I am always confused with this thing... Photos? Ideas? Plizzzzzzzzz!!!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If you have a catch can (or are building one) you would connect the hose coming off the pcv valve to the catch can. The other side of the catch can would run directly to the intake. Basically it just installs inline on the pcv hose.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Wait a sec, I thought it was the hose comming off of the valve cover?

·
Registered
842 Posts
the great debate. some suggest pcv, some suggest the other coming off the valve cover going into the intake before the t/b. nobody has displayed or documented results from the pcv system. and most turbo'd hyundais put a breather filter on the one off the valve cover as switching to a tibby t/b eliminates the intake side nipple. this does however, cause the filter to become extremely saturated.

sorry for the lack of answer, just fyi.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
yea i just ordered a catch can and still tryin 2 figure out how i should set it up, im tired of my engine bay getting extremely dirty

·
Registered
842 Posts
yes, plz try both and post your results! :chinese:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Your pcv valve is expelling during low and high loads. The "intake" side of the system blows under high load. I was under the impression the intake side never blew... The filter does eventually become saturated. In my opinion it would be best to put it on the pcv side (as i've left mine open and the engine gets covered in gunk). Leave a breather filter on the intake side and clean it once in a blue moon.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys;
I'll do that; use the PCV side for the catch can and put the filter on the breather side... thanks again...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=46353

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=65757

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just did changed it to the PCV side, and works great!!! and thinking about it, i believe is better to have it from the intake to the catch can and to the PCV, what it will do is pick up the oil coming from the cover... thanks guys...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Anyone have any pictures from their setup on the 1.5? I purchased all the parts and am just trying to make sure I do the installation correctly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
what would be the best thing to use to make a home made catch can? because where i am now i cant get anything similar to those ones...
Thanks

on second thought i might get one of ebay they arent too bad prices for kits

[Edited by bodes on Jan 12, 2006 1:37 AM]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts