Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have been getting a CEL had it scanned at it says P0133 so I was informed that it was my O2 sensor before the CAT so I replaced that and the light came back, the only thing i have done to the car since I bought it was, replaced the airfilter with a K&N, installed NGK plugs, installed a cd player, speakers, amp and sub, and also took the resinator off the airbox, and even after doing all that I had no problems for months, and then one day I get the CEL and now i'm stumped as to what to do to fix it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
believe the P0133 code is what my car threw a while back...

it came on once, I read it and cleared it and that was the end of it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the fuse out of my power wire that goes to my amp and haven't gotten the code back, normally it took like 3 days to return, and I haven't gotten the code back yet, anyone ever hear of something like this??

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well today I put the fuse back in my car for my amp, and 10 min later BAM. the CEL is back on, so now i have to figure out WHY this is happening. it was fine for a long time and the one day just popped on.

Any suggestions??:dead:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure whats happining, it just sucks. I stopped in at a local stereo shop yesterday and they guy said to check my wires for possibly a bad ground or a pinched wire, he said maybe the alternator but he said that would prob be a last resort, and he never heard of a CEL from an amp and sub
:dead::depressed:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so I think i figured it out now, as stupid as this seems. I belive it was the fuse. I purchased a new fuse and holder today, hooked everything up and no CEL after driving all day. It is yet to be seen if this is actually the problem, but thats the update so far. The fuse holder and fuse were kinda crappy anyway so it prob didn't hurt at all to upgrade them.

Still confused as to why that would do it..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts