Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I like the concept, but I'd also like to have a set of wheels that buckle instead of snap if things come undone.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
looks expensive..

and the horror of them getting hit by a pothole..

even thought it's lighter by a margin, they'll probably yield similiar results to a lightweight aluminum or alloy wheel like rota or volk..

lighter wheels have the same effect as a lighter flywh

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
For a daily street driven car, I would be scared to death to have those on. But for a trailored show queen, or strictly track/drag car....I could see some good uses for them.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I wouldn't even use those for the track. The reason being rumble strips that you do tend to hit going quite quickly(at Sandown, you literally go flat in 4th towards Dandenong Rd corner and strike one strip hard, run over another at full throttle then turn left into another. Run that over after turning in, and you're running into another one with the other side of the car on exit) At Philip Island, you hit very hard on the right going into Lukey Heights. Lukey Heights itself then stresses the rim you've just struck the strip with.

These rims I reckon would be either for FWD drag, autoX or show.

·
Registered
41 Posts
These rims I reckon would be either for FWD drag, autoX or show.
Agreed. A friend had a set on his show car and wouldn't even drive the car on the street because the wheels were worth so much.

His were carbon fiber spokes and overlay. The center around the lugs were aluminum while the lip was aluminum as well.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Agreed. A friend had a set on his show car and wouldn't even drive the car on the street because the wheels were worth so much.

His were carbon fiber spokes and overlay. The center around the lugs were aluminum while the lip was aluminum as well.
I think I know the set you're talking about. They look like Blitz Technospeeds, don't they? :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think I know the set you're talking about. They look like Blitz Technospeeds, don't they? :confused:
Actually, they were more like the Racing Hart C5 Blacks, but where there is black, it was Carbon Fiber and where there was aluminum, well.... there was aluminum. Polished lips, polished center caps.

He sold them on eBay for about $3000 about 2 years ago. 19s. Yeah, REAL expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts