Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, my question as quoted in topic title is if there was any modifications to the hyundai coupe between -02 and -04.

The reason for me asking is my intended purchase of a coupe manufactured in -02 (or actually late -01 but the -02 modell) but it hasn't been registered for trafic until -04 hence the dealer puts it out as -04.

Anything I should know about?

Thankfull for any replies, the price is somewhere between what you would pay for a -04 and a -02.

cheers!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hmmm in Canada we never got an 02 model they "skipped" it and it came out as an early 2003 model. If it is the GK style there were no changes overall on the car. They should not be selling an 02 model as an 04...and the manufacture date means nothing sometimes when it comes to model year. Check the 10th digit I believe that should be the year code, then you can tell what year it is for sure. What trim level and options does it have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply and yes it is the GK model.

Anyway, I talked to the dealer and he referred to some eu-regulations requiring them to put the year of car being taken inte trafic as the year to put as age of car.

I got a nice discount anyway (close to 25%) and bought it at a price that would have been considered cheap if it had been in service since 2002 so I´m just happy.

oh, and the tenth digit is 2 but I don´t have a clue on what trim level and the list of options is still at the dealers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts