Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dudes,

Im just looking for help as my 97 model hyundai excel have done more than 200,000 k's and Im thinking of changing the engine into a much more powerful one but also affordable.

But the problem is , I dont rilly know what other engine, apart from hyundai excel engines will fit my car becouse i dont rilly know of what engines have the same mounting as my car engine. I rilly want to get an engine that will fit in straight away without any modification to be done. And probably a turbo engine will be the best way to go.

Hope that some one out there will help me since im rilly new to this car business.

Thanks,
cmrock

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Check out the http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/hybrid-forum/ and note that in the US your car is known as an X3 Accent so that's going to be what to look for. You will want to swap in the 2.0l Beta engine from the Tiburon for the best bang for the buck, although other engine conversions are possible with more time and money. There are good walkthroughs of the Beta swap for the X3 in the hybrid forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts