Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Recently, the original battery in my 2001 Elantra has been having trouble starting on very cold mornings, and so I bought a new battery.

However, after removing the plastic cover that goes from the air filter over the battery to above the headlight, and disconnecting the battery from the connections, I was still unable to move it.

I looked around to see if it was clamped down or something, but I didn't notice anything holding it in place. Is there some trick to removing it, or am I just blind and there's some screws I still need to remove, and if so, where are they located?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
464 Posts
If it is like my 2000, you are blind. There is a clamp that holds down a little lip that runs along the side of the bottom of the battery. It is just a little bent piece of sheet steel and doesn't look like much, but if you don't pull it out the battery is staying put.

And if that's the original battery a monkey is my uncle. The stock batteries in Hyundais tend to last a couple-three years before they start giving out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it is like my 2000, you are blind. There is a clamp that holds down a little lip that runs along the side of the bottom of the battery. It is just a little bent piece of sheet steel and doesn't look like much, but if you don't pull it out the battery is staying put.

And if that's the original battery a monkey is my uncle. The stock batteries in Hyundais tend to last a couple-three years before they start giving out.
I have an 01 elantra(original owner) with 78k, and changed the original batt about 6 months ago. I was pleasantly surprised it lasted so long. It was just cranking very weakly on cold mornings so I replaced it before it died.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts