Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Personally I'd probably go name-brand on something like this, unless you get an insanely cheap deal. I've heard a lot of cheaper headers have poor welds or are just shoddy material and end up rusting out or just being junk (some don't like up well to your exhaust ports/bolts!).

Now, if it were something like an intake I'd say do whatever, as there's no crucial difference in intake stuff other than fitment and if it comes with a crappy filter etc.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Ive had my obx's for 5 years and they are cracked in several places. Dont leak much, but still. 5 years is a long time, and thats about what the manifolds should last. I purchased mine just when parts were starting to be availble for our cars. I got them for $190+shipping and that was a good deal back then.

Its time for me to replace them so im just going to buy some like that.

oh, and DONT TOUCH THE HEADER EVER!! wear gloves when you install them cause the oil on your hands will **** up the finish when they get hot and they wont blue and change color right.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
how's the power difference after installing the header's on a beta accent?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I know that with my I/H/E and with the apexi i have a dyno proven 26hp over the stock rating. And thats with 155,xxx miles, and with HORRIBLE compression from dead rings.. lol!

Umm.. Its good.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
apexi..apexi what?

so you have a 156HP elantra?

i'd just buy the obx one's and slap on the n1 muffler i ordered for my car

as for that header..i'm suprised the seller called it generic..what honesty!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
TAK82 said:
apexi..apexi what?

so you have a 156HP elantra?

i'd just buy the obx one's and slap on the n1 muffler i ordered for my car

as for that header..i'm suprised the seller called it generic..what honesty!
Um yes. acctually i do. 129 at the wheels is 151 flywheel. This is the 1.8 too, dont forget. I have the Apexi SAFC II that i tuned myself. I have dyno sheets to prove it AND video.:D

YouTube - NWKT Dyno Day 10-13-07 - Fairlady garage - #6

·
Registered
10 Posts
i teamed up with a machine shop and made a custom header but have not installed yet. im waiting on some opinions on what will preform and sound best without setting my light.
its custom into duals 1+4cyls to one side and 2+3 into the other side.
now at the O2 senor im debating on an x pipe to duals, or basicly combining duals to single and then duals again.

keep in mind O2 sensor will be monted, header i already had custom designed for heat shield and O2 sensor, so im either going to modify and place in middle of "x" of x pipe or modify stock for dual-single-dual

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much did that cost to do? I imagine it's not cheap!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i personaly know some people there so we did some trading on labor but parts were about $110 +/-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts