Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look I know parts may be rare for Accents if they are relatively new. (I have an 05 Accent Gls) or are very expensive when and if you are lucky enough to find them.
Take for example the popular K-sport coilovers. These babies run 1200 Us dollars. There is no way I would pay that much for coilovers. My car listed at 10,000 new. see my point.
So i'm browsing ebay and I begin to see coilovers for civics that begin at 30 US dollars for all four. OK-I know you get what you pay for........but I don't care. I don't race professionally....nor do I put stickers on my car displaying how proud I am of my parts. I consider that sponsorship....so I don't care about name brand here.
I have two questions, ONE are there any cheaper coilovers for Accent's anywhere?
TWO. Will any civic model coilovers fit on the Accent?

Thanks for the time and replies guys (and girls)

Marc

·
Registered
715 Posts
Those $30 coilover down right suck take any of those brands see if you can find the manufactuers website none are listed their all no name brands the spring rate are purely generic junk.

Have you not seen all of these product recalls on childens toys? do you think the chinese are any better at making $30 coilovers?

If you want to save some money and still are dying to have coilovers go buy some Ground Control Coilovers which use Eibach springs Your looking at $400 for the set thats the absolute least I would spend on coilovers

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though I do not see a correlation between cheap toys made overseas that contain lead based paint and car parts....I do see your point. 400 dollars sounds better. I know a guy with the 30$ set from ebay. I'm waiting to see how bad his neg. camber is and any other complaints he has. But I still am not sure how they will match up to Hyundai either.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It sounds to me if you don't race you don't care to much for super high cornering speed right?

You sound like what i'm looking for. I want my car to be lowered to look a little smoother and sleek but have a but more cornering ability with it still being able to ride down the street without your back being sore.

I don't want to go coilovers because they're to stiff need to much adjustability and aren't generally that great for everday driving. Go for the Eiback lowering springs. They use the stock shock but just a lower and bit stiffer of a spring. Gives you the look you want while still being able to ride nicely. They're about 235$ at JEGS.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i have a set of vogtland drop springs on stock shocks; but it's not low enough for me truth be told. I didn't give much for them second hand from a gentleman on this site. I got maybe 3/4th inch or inch tops. I just want to get rid of the gab between wheel and fender, maybe tuck a bit.

·
Registered
183 Posts
IC what you're saying. Eibach drop is 1.5 about. I don't know that i would go much lower then that you'll start getting camber issues as well as trouble with speedbumps.

If you're willing to spend about 4-500$ you might be able to get bigger rims with a lower profile tire. that will give the same affect.
The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

·
Registered
68 Posts
Flury said:
Look I know parts may be rare for Accents if they are relatively new. (I have an 05 Accent Gls) or are very expensive when and if you are lucky enough to find them.
Take for example the popular K-sport coilovers. These babies run 1200 Us dollars. There is no way I would pay that much for coilovers. My car listed at 10,000 new. see my point.
So i'm browsing ebay and I begin to see coilovers for civics that begin at 30 US dollars for all four. OK-I know you get what you pay for........but I don't care. I don't race professionally....nor do I put stickers on my car displaying how proud I am of my parts. I consider that sponsorship....so I don't care about name brand here.
I have two questions, ONE are there any cheaper coilovers for Accent's anywhere?
TWO. Will any civic model coilovers fit on the Accent?

Thanks for the time and replies guys (and girls)

Marc
You can probably find the KSport's for around $800. But yeah, if you don't want to spend the money for good coilovers then you probably don't need them so I'd just go for springs, because you'll probably be prone to leaking if you get really cheap ones. I think I have seen coilover sleeves you can buy that go over your struts, but not sure how good they work.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah my bud just put a set on his hatch civic. he is having severe issues with neg. camber.
haha i guess for every mod there IS an equal and opposite malfunction still stands true.
Ok then. cheap coilovers are going to be too much probs. and expensive ones are both out of reach and useless for my setup. then perhaps there is a shock that will compliment the lowering springs i have that arent as expensive.
one year from now when i graduate it want be an issue....but until then i miss working on my car.

I'm unsure if you meant bigger than the sixteen inch tires I already have or if you missed that i already have aftermarket wheels....but I agree with you liveD on the lower profiles. I have a 55 series right now and when I finish the life of these I am going to go with a 45 series....may give me another half inch (im guessing). But im not replacing these tires until they have no life left....maybe spring im guessing.

this is the most helpful. thanks gentlemen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts