Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I have a 2000 Accent GL completely stock and a few months ago (I'm such a procrastinator! LoL) my check engine light came on so I take the car to a local autoparts store, they hooked it up to a computer and tell me the code, I find out its the O2 sensor, I replace it, and check engine light went off. A week later it came back on again, I repeat the routine but this time, the code is different and turns out to be "Oxygen Sensor Heating" Does anyone know exactly what this is? The freakin hyundai dealership is completely dumbfounded or rather just plain dumb. Thanks for any help guys! ;):

·
Registered
50 Posts
lol well that sucks, you think they would know i would take it to someone else besides the dealer cause the dealer dont know really anything about the car, they only sell them.

[Edited by TomB on Oct 12, 2005 9:51 PM]

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
The o2 sensor isnt heating up or isnt working to give a good reading. The sensor or the wiring needs to be replaced/repaired. But first, reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for 20mins or so and seeing if the code comes back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts