Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true it's km/h, but still from 0-100 km/h (0-60mph) it takes about 6.5 seconds... i think that's pretty good, no? What are your times ROlson? And what setup you have?
greetz
Igor

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6.5 secs....? shoot i do that 0-60 in my tibby and im not boosted yet. (its unofficial) but not too far off. not more than 7.5
sure man...

video?

p.s.:
Performance
* 1.6 litre: Acceleration 0-60 mph: 11.6 seconds Top speed: 101 mph (163 km/h)

* 1.8 litre:Acceleration 0-60 mph: 9.0 seconds Top speed: 115 mph (185 km/h)

* 2.0 litre:Acceleration 0-60 mph: 8.0 seconds Top Speed: 125 mph (201 km/h)

GK:
Performance

* 2.0 litre:Acceleration 0-60 mph: 9.2 seconds Top speed: 130 mph (209 km/h)

* 2.7 litre: (Automatic)Acceleration 0-60 mph: 8.2 seconds Top speed: 132 mph (212 km/h)

* 2.7 litre: (GT 5-speed)Acceleration 0-60 mph: 7.7 seconds Top speed: 137 mph (220 km/h)

* 2.7 litre: (SE 6-speed)Acceleration 0-60 mph: 7.2 seconds Top speed: 145 mph (233 km/h)

·
Registered
21 Posts
sounds like you drank a little hater-aid. but you might know more about this than i do. but like i said its un-official and im not far from it if i don't get it.

and i dont know about your tibby or anyone elses but mine does all of 150, unless those are times of the quarter mile. as soon as i get set up for video ill make sure to send one to you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hater-aid? why? my post is fully based on facts. Factory facts. But i really cant believe you have 6,5 or 7,5s 0-60 times on non-boosted tibby...
and i'd really like to see a video.
i'm sure we all would.

·
Registered
21 Posts
like i said before. you know more about this than i do. but. i have done a drastic weight reduction, racing headers, 2.5" cat back custom exhaust, stage 4 clutch, cold air intake, ngk wires and plugs...i mean the only few things i think i need with out knowing it all, is a better chip, ignition, and my te44 turbo.....what would you think i do with these mods...without the turbo.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
non boosted tibby... no way.
te44 turbo --> a lot less than 6.5s 0-60mph... ;)
keep us posted.
with some videos, too :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
like i said before. you know more about this than i do. but. i have done a drastic weight reduction, racing headers, 2.5" cat back custom exhaust, stage 4 clutch, cold air intake, ngk wires and plugs...i mean the only few things i think i need with out knowing it all, is a better chip, ignition, and my te44 turbo.....what would you think i do with these mods...without the turbo.
"Stage 4 Clutch" huh? So what exactly is that? What's the pressure of a stage 4? Is that a disc, 4-prong or 6-Puck? Multi-Disc maybe?

I just figured I'd ask since there's all these manufacturers out there with "STAGE 3 turbo kits" which doesn't actually have a set size turbo, or set boost amount, but it seems like everyone knows about this magical "STAGE" system that doesn't seem to really have any actual set values.

I didn't drink the hater-aid by the way, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you know that is a good question as far as the pressure of the clutch. but yes it is a 4 puck clutch, from spec, all i know is there is no in between engagement. you are either in there or you're not. this puppy grabs like a porsche. maybe i should read on the specs. i just wanted a clutch that was the sh*t without breaking the bank. and when i said hater-aid i didn't mean any disrespect to kennman, it just sounded like, he thought i didn't know anything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used to have a ACT Xtreme 3200lb Full Disc years ago in my Honda and it was considered a Stage 1. You had about 1/8" of play to be engaged or not. Most 4 pucks and 6 pucks have the same pressure plate around 2600-3200lb but the disc is the only thing that is really different at that point. Does ANYONE know how the stages work?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
its the same as ordering a large drink at Mc D's or a Large starbucks...ya know...its a word that means different things...lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
i ran on my accent 2.0 stock engine full interiors 15.2secs @ 90mph in the 1/4 im planning to put act pressure plate and bronze clutch clutch net or competition clutch i dont like act clutches cause they start to slip on the flywheel and is not my only opinion a lor of persons think the same just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
That was really a stupid video... Much rather see the car at some point...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Are you kidding me? It's just a speedo... Woo hoo...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sure it's just a speedo... but it revs and goes pretty fast, dont you think? or am i the only one impressed here? ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts