Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i think it is the valve spring that come's out...but then again what are you trying to do?

lighten the clutch feel by removing the spring?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Wow, that's interesting. I've never seen that information before. I'll have to try that before installing the new tranny...

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
so you unbolt the union bolt, and the connector, remove the restrictor plate and spring and reassemble it and you get a softer clutch?

what's the benefit?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
You get a direct clutch action......not the slurred operation the restrictor creates.

The restrictor is fitted to help newcomers to manual transmission drive less jerkily!.

Nick:paranoid:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nick,

Are you currently running this little mod, or do you just know of it? Worried about long term effects.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I've been using this mod for almost a year now. No probs at all....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then it is indeed the valve spring and valve plate that comes out

thanks inferred.. that write-up should help alot!

and the result is what valk stated above.

as for long term affects, Gimp, I believe there would actually be less clutch wear.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
keep in mind when doing this mod..you HAVE to bleed the slave cylinder or the shifter won't budge when the car is running when clutch pedal Depressed

easy way to do so is press clutch pedal and have friend loosen the nipple thread and watch all of the crusty bubbly fluid come out..keep doin until only clear fluid come's out.

easier way..push the slave cylinder rod from engine way and loosen the nipple thread..

after that..go in car and keep pressing clutch to pump the fluid to the slave cylinderif clutc feels numb and tooooooo soft.. then there's no fluid in cylinder.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Gimp, either this choke valve was deleted from the S-Coupe Turbo on purpose, or the original owner had it removed........anyway, thankfully, I don`t have one.

Hyundai will usually remove the restrictor on request......or it`s easy to do yourself, with nothing to worry about concerning reliability.

Nick.:)

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
HI Valk! Been trying to email you but it keeps on Failing im Also in the UK and would like to Chat to you about Scoupe Turbo, so please Private message more or send me a Alternate email address cos the [email protected] just doesnt werk!

Cheers Chap

SHaun J
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts