Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a quick and stupid question, but I bought my 03 Tiburon used and it never has had a cigarette lighter in the outlet on the dash. I use the outlet to power my cell and other things, but I was never sure if it was also a cigarette lighter or just a power outlet?

See, I also have an 03 Maxima that has an outlet that is only for power and will not take an actual lighter, this is why I ask. So, does the 03 Tiburon actually have a cigarette lighter in it? I really just wanna stick something in it so when it's dark there isn't that little circle of light that can distract me sometimes, and I don't want to fry myself or the car if it's not supposed to take a lighter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Buy a lighter at autozone or checker for less than $10 i'm sure and plug it in. It's a korean car, it's meant for smoking. Do the GK's have ashtrays in them ? My accent is one of the few newer cars i know of with an ash tray in it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy a lighter at autozone or checker for less than $10 i'm sure and plug it in. It's a korean car, it's meant for smoking. Do the GK's have ashtrays in them ? My accent is one of the few newer cars i know of with an ash tray in it.
Good point. The GKs do have ash tray's now that I think about it. Guess that'd be a pretty good clue that it also has a cigarette lighter, huh? Such a good clue that I completed missed it.

Thanks for indulging my stupidity.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yup glad I could help. And please don't think that I was mocking you at all. Just pointing out that those might be good indicators.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup glad I could help. And please don't think that I was mocking you at all. Just pointing out that those might be good indicators.
Oh no worries, I was just being cynical because I felt like I was asking a stupid question, I didn't take offense or anything. Thanks though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts