Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Tib and my headlights are really foggy and nasty inside. I removed them to try and clean them, but i can't figure out how to get inside without breaking something...does anyone know?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You sure it is on the inside? Maybe scratches on the outside is most common.
It is common to take them apart, dry them out and then silicone the entire mating edge(s).

If if the outside...
1st try McGuires Scratch X
2nd if the McGuires doesn't fix it...Wet sand with fine paper 1000 grit and WET all the time you are sanding
3rd Do the McGuires again for finishing touch
4th Get some of the 3M stick on Clear protective film and put it over them to never have this problem again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Headlights Covers

First of all...Sucks you have this problem.

Now...Take the assembly off and remove everything fromthe covers (bulbs, reflectors, etc...) Dry out the inside completely...Set them in the sun?

It sill be best to split them at the joint and the clean the glue off. Maybe "Goof Off" TEST AREA FIRST TO KNOW THE GOOF OFF WON"T MELT IT!!!!! and or sanding with 1000 gritt paper or emory cloth.

After both sides of each set are very clean and smooth barely rough up the contancting faces where they will mate. Do this roughening up with like 250 pare/emory cloth. This will alow glue to adhere well.

I'm thinking Liquid Nails for plastic as it is strong as hell. Be sure to get the glue around the entire perimeter for the mating areas and hopepfulling not to much gluee overrunning either side ot the joint. It is pretty eady to get off when dry but that will only be for the outside of to govers in this case! At time I use astraight razor to kind of shave excess off.

I think something like this and you will be ok.

Let's see some pice and explian a little what you did?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, ill try that hopefully this weekend :) ill post befores and afters...maybe it will help someone later on :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts