Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if this is in the rite thread or not but I was wondering if anyone knew what that clear coat is called that they put on certain cars like the WRX and what not! One of my exs had a WRX and it had like this clear coat protective bra on top of the factory paint, if you got a rock chip you just took a towel or cloth and rubbed on it and it came out good as new, I was curious as to what exactly its called cuz when I get my car repainted I want to have that put on as well for the front end as well as the side mirror and spoiler since they are plastic and tend to fade and chip in the sun!?!?!:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
They're just clear car Bras.

You can get them applied @ all tint shops. It's not a paint, persay... More like a tint, from the ones I'm used to. I'm sure they have a clear bra that you paint on though.

Howie~

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanx...thats exactly what I needed to know, I knew the WRXs came with them and I really liked it, I wish I could do my whole car in it!! LOL!! But my front end has a lot of rock chips from the previous owner so I had been thinking bout getting that done since it seems that it would get a lot of chips on the fronts of the Tiburons since they slope down more in the front!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got a set of clear protectors for my fog lamps from a company called lamin-x. They sell the coating to cover your car.
The website is: Lamin-x.com - Protective Films

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool thanx for all the info...I just think the stuff is really neat-O!!:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts