Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 LC 5spd with 1.5 SOHC has developed a noise when turning right, but only when applying throttle during the corner. It's a rather loud click click click click, almost a thump thump thump thump.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and can tell me what the problem and solution was. I'm guessing it must be the diff? Anyhow, just looking for some guidance if possible.

thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
could be but first thing i like to check is ur cv axle but if it like a thump and not a loud ashell click then its probably not it but doesnt hurt to check

·
Registered
686 Posts
my girlfriends car was doing the same thing, been bugging us for the longest time, checked the cv boots, everything was sealed and fine, found out later on she had a cracked spoke in her rim

·
Registered
13 Posts
ur cv joint can be seale dfine but still wear out, if it is while turning the steering wheel it could be the strut mount, the bearings will wear out, if its a clunking when turning the wheel, it could be a broken spring, often times, it is the cv joint, especially when turning extra tight turns, if the clicking speeds up with vehicle speed then that is probly what is is, hopefully that might help you out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts