Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a hyundai accent 2001 GSi and I'm trying to replace the fuel filter. I've unplugged the harness from the pump and cranked the starter a bit to drain the pipes but when it comes to unplugging the actual filter, I couldn't figure out how. There's a seemingly complex clip holding the filter with 2 blue buttons on the sides. Anyone know what to do? Do I need a specialized tool?

And I just put in some fuel injector cleaner thing. Would that help at all at unplugging any dirty fuel filters?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hold the buttons in, and push the hose away (out) frmo the filter.
The OEM one was quite tight on there... Just pull a little harder on the coupling (not the hose it self..)
The clip on the filter is for static ground I believe. The replacement filter SHOULD have it. (mine frmo NAPA does... )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The blue buttons don't seem to be too flexible on mine. So I just have to find a way to push them in (maybe with a small pair of pincer hooks) and pull the plug out?

·
Registered
502 Posts
yeah i presently replaced mine and the blue buttons don't seem to move in very much but you have to make sure you are pulling it off as you press both buttons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts