Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Clock light color

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  senoel 
#1 ·
What can I use to change my clock face a different color? I want it to be blue. ANy Ideas?

#3 ·
A blue LED? How would I set that up? Also I've seen this dark almost plastc cover on on of my buddies cars. He got vamps lighting set. I have most of my things the color I want already just would like to know what that material is vamp uses in his lighting set. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

#4 ·
should of just asked the master..

You COULD use lighting gels from Guitar Center or places like that. That they use for to change the lighting of stage lights. Try that. =)

You're Lord and Lighting Master.
-Vamp

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Jun 23, 2006 2:10 PM]

#5 ·
LOL...i have tried. Not on the forums but e-mailing you directly. Its all good. Thanks.

#8 · (Edited)
I opened the clock and replace the reddish brown transparent plastic with 2 pieces of plastic that I cut out of the packaging of a toy. I used the old screen as a template and created a new screen. I had to double it cause it was too transparent at first. This image is blurry but the color matches the speedometer. Be careful when you close it back up I pinched the light bulb and broke it. Since the light bulb is soldered on I had to rebuy the clock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.