Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped my cluster out for one with the white gauges and a tach, and now I have an airbag light on. anyone ever have this problem??

[Edited by Danath256 on Feb 10, 2006 4:47 PM]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, my SRS light came on as well after I took out the gauges to replace a few bulbs..
Don't know specifically what made it happen, because nothing like that should happen
to my knowledge.. Having to pay to get your SRS light reset just because you want
to replace a broken bulb or two..

Thinking of removing the bulb until I see a reason for having it reset at my local Hyundai shop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The airbag light will come on if you have the instrument cluster removed and unplugged and turn on the ignition power. SUCKS doesnt it :(

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i'm gonna try all of that! the last thing i wanna do is goto the dealer to have him hook up the scanner for all of 30 seconds and then charge me like 5 dollars a second!

·
Registered
631 Posts
You've gotta take it to the dealer. Just like they said, if you unhook the cluster while the battery is hooked up, you trip the light. Resetting the ecu by pulling the battery cables won't do a thing for you. Go to the dealer, hand over $40, and get rid of the light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Swedish Hyundai shops aren't as nice to take "only" 40 bucks..
An hourly rate of ~115 USD.. Thats for every started hour.
I.e. 1 hour flat is 115 USD. 1 hour and 1 second is 230 USD.

Removing the bulb is what I see as the economical choice in this case.

Sucks to be me.

Edit: That means that I have to pay over a 100 bucks just for replacing 2 bulbs..

[Edited by paran0id on Feb 11, 2006 3:48 PM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
air bag light on means air bags off = death.

I went to the dealershit and they fixed it under warrenty.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 11, 2006 4:16 PM]

·
Registered
631 Posts
A slower working airbag doesn't sound much better.

There are rumors that a light on all the time could go hand and hand or allow for a condition where the airbag could deploy randomly.

I'm not sure the merit there, but I know that if something was wrong with your airbag system, you wouldn't know anymore. I would get it fixed.

·
Registered
427 Posts
After installing my aftermarket driving lights, I had the airbag light on.
Didn't think I had done anything to trip it, but I got sick of it on all the time.
Pulled the cluster and pulled the bulb.
No random airbag deployment ... had the bulb out for over a year now.
personally don't like airbags ... I wear my seatbelt anytime I'm driving, so as far as I'm concerned, the airbags are a waste.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aww, so dammit, now I guess i'm gonna have to goto the dealership.. well does anyone know if and OBD2 scanner will fix it? or does it need to be that Hyundai OBD2 scanner?

·
Registered
17 Posts
HA I have the same f'n problem w/ my car ...... it's a pain in the a$$. N like u people are say'n the only way to fix it is to take it to a dealer. But I don't wanna have them charge me for sumthing and then end up not having it fixed. They screw u for everything. I'm just thinking bout getting another car haha

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The guy i've been dealing with for hyundai stuff told me other places besides the dealer can reset the code, he is using a snap on tool that has seperate cartrages that can reset the airbag light.

So maybe a local garage could fix it for ya

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
if you reset the code.. and it still doesnt fix it.. than your out what ever money the person that charged you for the clearing (which if you lived in vegas I could do for free... =/) than you still have to take it to the dealershit cause it popped up.

Mine when on when something went underneat my driver seat and ****ed something up.. so I got it worked on under warrenty.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Originally posted by Gimp
[body]
A slower working airbag doesn't sound much better.

There are rumors that a light on all the time could go hand and hand or allow for a condition where the airbag could deploy randomly.

I'm not sure the merit there, but I know that if something was wrong with your airbag system, you wouldn't know anymore. I would get it fixed.
[/body]
thats not true

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
well when you guys actually get in an accident and your air bags dont deploy because you were too lazy to take it to dealership.. Dont say we didnt tell you so.

For the hour or more you could take it down to the dealership and get it fixed.. or it could be your life.. or really bad injury. So just do what the light says and take it in to be looked at.

Just be cause the accent is a cheap car doesnt mean you need to cheap out on the airbags.. Same thing why I dont understand why people take out their steering wheel for a "Race" one... unless you actually use it to race and have a harness for a seat belt. Even than.. you need to have it hooked up right unless you want to compress your spine..

So anyways.. if you want to go ahead and drive w/o a air bag.. call your Insurance company and let them know. They'll be glad to raise your rates at no extra cost. (pun intended)

This is one issuse that tickles me the wrong way.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 19, 2006 9:20 AM]

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a question, my 02 lc was involve in a accident and i replace the air bags but i got the CL light on what can this be too? i only change the bags but not the module. please help me out,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts